My Boring Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mount Tam Double

Sunday, 19 August, 2007, 12:31 - Cycling

This is old news (from August 4).

Good times at my most recent double century. This one is a true suffer fest if there is such a thing. I spent 16.5 hours on my bike, doing what has to be my toughest ride ever. There were many moments where I did not think I could finish, but I did finish. And my life is better for having completed this challenge! Mechanical problems and lack of sleep were the primary reasons I was so slow. But the course itself is rather tough. It reminded me a lot of the Death Ride (except that the weather was much cooler for this one) in that it had a lot of climbing (as much climbing as the DR, mostly in the the first 150 miles).

The highlight had to be descending Lucas Valley Road, which felt a lot like that scene in Return Of The Jedi where they are on the speeder bikes in the forests of Endor (this is the same area where those scenes were filmed).

So 201 miles with about 15000 feet of climbing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home