My Boring Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tour Of The Forgotten Corner Of California!

Sunday, 21 October, 2007, 22:29 - Cycling, Random Thoughts

Solvang Autumn Double Century

Okay, so it's not really forgotten. It's actually quite a lovely place to ride a bike. Except for the wind, a flat tire, and a yellow jacket sting I had a very lovely bike ride yesterday!

And even the wind wasn't all that bad. It's just a little obnoxious when you are trying to ride relatively fast. The flat tire was a fluke as well; just a piece of glass along Highway 1 just south of Pismo Beach. And quite frankly, I am a bit surprised that I don't get stung by more wasps, hornets and yellow jackets. It seems that they are always falling from the sky and bouncing off of me. This one just got under my jersey.

the roads were excellent for the most part. I could have done without the gravel section on See Canyon Road, but the climb was excellent so I can give the organizers a pass for this one! Santa Rosa Road also wasn't very fun; but I think that might have only been because I was riding it after dark. During the day I think the rough road would not be so bad.

After that, I was tired enough to sleep like a rock in my car in a well-lit parking lot...

For a detailed map of the route:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1405418



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home