My Boring Life

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hallucinations after 40 hours of no sleep...

If there is only one other thing I should mention about the HooDoo 500 is the strange things the mind can conjure up when sleep-deprivation sets in. When you are thoroughly exhausted mentally and physically; you see and imagine weird things. Here are a few examples:

1. Little bushes along the roadside looked like either people or animals.

2. Street signs looked like people standing on the side of the road. This was due to extremely dry/bloodshot eyes.

3. I swear that I saw Waldo a few times during the second night...

2 Comments:

  • I hallucinated like crazy in the 508 that took me 46.5 hrs. Luckily I finished earlier in the Hoodoo. Late in the second night they come on strong. I saw a giant Wooly Mastadon that was waving its head and giant tusks up and down. Also tons of monkeys and animals showed up in the bushes and rocks. Pretty amazing. This year it was not bad at all. I just saw a massive Bob's Big Boy in the Rocks and not much else ;)

    By Blogger Chris O'Keefe, At September 28, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

  • I hallucinated in deeply on my first night getting worse. I thought I heard cats meowing, kept feeling things crawl up my leg, my bed moving,, a diffrent person in the window glass reflection, and im scared. I can't sleep..

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 28, 2009 at 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home