My Boring Life

Monday, October 8, 2007

The Best Way to Spend a Friday Evening!

Friday, 14 April, 2006

Can you say, "Runner's high"? I hadn't truly experienced it for years, until a few minutes ago.

After work, I went for a 6+ mile run (that's how I describe running 30 minutes out and the running back) out of downtown Los Gatos. My run went up the Flume/Jones trail to Alma Bridge Road. I then went up that until I hit the 30 minute mark (a bit past the rowing club). I then turned around and came back down via the Los Gatos Creek Trail.

For the marked mile and a half from the top of the dam down, I let loose a little. After about a half mile, I found myself cruising along at a decent (for me) clip, enjoying the hell out of myself. This feeling of near euphoria lasted until I slowed down to warm down near the end of my run.

And I think that this is a big part of why I find running to almost be more fun than cycling or swimming. With cycling, I have to go for hours before I get this feeling, and with swimming I find it nearly impossible to get that feeling if I am pushing myself at all.

And yeah, running is fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home