My Boring Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

El Toro and Hicks Road

Monday, 29 October, 2007, 22:28 - Cycling

What better way to celebrate the last Saturday of October than with good beer and tough hills?

The last time I visited the El Toro Brewing Company was during a ride in February. The weather was beautiful: you just could not ask for better weather to ride in.

This time, I waited until mile 55 to stop at the ETBC. I turned around near Highway 25 south of Gilroy. By the time I got back into Morgan Hill, I was ready for the beer and pizza... I had their BBQ (beerbeque!) chicken pizza. Amazing! And the Extra Hoppy Poppy Jasper and the IPA were both really good!

After procrastinating there for way too long, I made my way up into the hills west of town. After riding up past the reservoirs (I hadn't ridden through this area since 1996), I headed onto Almaden Road, and then up and over the south side of Hicks Road. What a tough climb! There aren't many climbs in this area that can compare with Hicks. It seemed pretty hard at least... It may have just been that I was topping out the climb at mile 80. =)

After bombing down the hill, I headed through Los Gatos and back through town. I stopped a Peets for a while to keep the caffeine intake up.

All in all, a great ride for a total of 105 miles and perhaps 4000 feet of climbing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home