My Boring Life

Monday, December 15, 2008

Images From Castle Rock...

The snow was flying at Castle Rock today, so of course I had to go and check it out. The weather was a balmy 34 degrees when I got there, and the snow was coming down lightly. My walk took me out to Castle Rock and then along the ridge down to California Ridge and Shady Rock. I enjoyed the shelter of the big cave at Shady Rock while finishing the latest Vince Flynn novel. Fortunately I didn't get too cold until I was just about finished. Sitting still in 34 degree temperatures takes a lot of effort when you're wearing shorts...

As always when the weather is a bit wet up there, I found myself drawn to the madrone trees. Something about the composition of the bark of that tree makes it a compelling photo subject. Too bad there wasn't more snow! Madrone leaves collect snow quite splendidly.

Here's the link to the pics:
http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/Fueco/Castle-December2008/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home