My Boring Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Happy 3 December...

Monday, 3 December, 2007, 21:51 - Random Thoughts

It might just be another day, but I thought I would ramble a little bit about a few things that caught my attention today.

1. What the heck is wrong with the Baltimore Ravens? How could they lose that game given where they had the Patriots? But hey, that's why New England is still undefeated.

2. I'm listening to what is just about the best Christmas album I have ever heard. An Irish Christmas by Moya Brennan. So good! I especially like her take on What Child Is This?.

3. I learned where the term redneck came from... Scottish Presbyterians who wore a red scarf on their neck to show their rejection of the Anglican Church. Many of those people emigrated to Ulster (in northern Ireland) and/or on to America (where many settled in the Appalachians). Go figure...

Anyway, that's about it. Only 23 days to go! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home