My Boring Life

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A lovely ride...

Today, I was rather aimless all morning. I did laundry, I worked on my bike (fine-tuning the positions of the seat and handlebars, fixing a flat, re-taping the bar); but I just couldn't find any motivation. Finally, around 4:00 PM I got my lazy ass out the door.

Even when I started, I had no idea where I was going. As you can see from the map, it turned into a nice ride... Wink

I was on my fixie, so no real hills. I did get up to Stevens Creek Resevoir (I had to go and pay my respects at the site where Kristy Gough and Matt Peterson were killed last Saturday).

The riding was good, and the weather was especially nice. I managed to avoid almost all of the little cells of rainfall, and fought fierce headwinds for a lot of the time. But what good is a training ride with no suffering?


The highlights were riding south on El Camino at sunset (the setting suns works wonders on the colors of thunderclouds) and stopping at Taqueria La Bamba in Mountain View. Their chile colorado burritos are especially tasty 58 miles into a ride... Grin

Yeah... Good times. 67 miles and perhaps 1000 feet of climbing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home