My Boring Life

Saturday, March 8, 2008

These Hills Were Made For Climbing...

I did a lovely 55 mile ride today with about 5000 feet of climbing. Absolutely beatiful day for riding! I warmed up by riding over to Saratoga, and then proceeded to suffer my way up Bohlman Road. I opted out of the side-trip of On Orbit Road (I basically wussed out... Really, who wants to add a mile of 18%+ grades to an already steep climb?). From the top, I took to dirt road over to the top of Montevina Road and took that down to Lexington Resevoir. Then after a brief rest, I ascended Black Road to Skyline. And then flew down Highway 9 back into town.

Bohlman is probably the steepest hill that I have climbed in the bay area. There are a few 20% sections going around switchbacks. Pure madness... Black Road isn't much easier, but after Bohlman it seems pretty casual.

These stats don't do either climb justice...
Black Road: 4.6 miles, 1820 feet
Bohlman Road: 4.3 miles, 2030 feet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home