My Boring Life

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Motivation And Sleep Deprivation

Wednesday, 28 June, 2006, 22:35

Last night was a late night (something about free beer at Gordon Biersch, how can you go wrong with that?), and today was a long day at work. Not very conducive to getting a good workout in after work. In fact, I was in my car for nearly two hours, trying to work up the courage to go for a run. Not even a crazy long one, just an average one; but I couldn't seem to get going. Finally, at around7:20, I got out of my car and started running. Once I began, I actually felt very good. I did intentionally walk a bit, just to avoid doing too much. Taking two months off from running is not good for maintaining the ability to run distance.

The coolest part of the run was seeing a California Kingsnake, so something other than a common gopher snake. And I also got hissed at by a goose for getting too close to its goslings. That's always fun. I wonder what it would be like to actually be attacked by a goose?

Also, I really miss the cool weather. Anything over 75 is too warm as far as I'm concerned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home