My Boring Life

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Greetings From The Halfway House!

Wednesday, 31 May, 2006, 20:35

I'm halfway there!

No, not to the insane asylum (although Folsom almost is one); I'm on my way to Lake Tahoe for the moment. My intention is to ride around the lake tomorrow, as a warmup for a long ride on Saturday. Getting used to the altitude should be fun; I figure that the best way is to go through some lung-burning riding with only one night at a moderately high altitude.

On the other front, the insanity front; I have 4 days off from work, which should help considerably. Hopefully by Monday things will be settled down a bit and I can get back to working my ass off without actually being overworked and overstressed.

And for the random motorcyclist who asked me why bicyclists feel the need to ride on steep and narrow mountain roads: it is necessary, as necessary as breathing or as it is for anyone to do anything. If you only live 1.735 times, why waste it on the pedestrian things in life? Why not enjoy a little suffering once in a while? Besides, the reward of blasting down the hills at jet-propelled speeds will at least put a smile on your face...

And greetings from the It's A Grind Coffeehouse in lovely Folsom, CA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home