My Boring Life

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Reading Ann Coulter in Tehran

Saturday, 8 July, 2006, 21:35

Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men. -Ayn Rand (from The Fountainhead

And now that the random quote of the day is there, I will move on to lighter subjects. Today, I did not leave the house until 3:00 PM, and it felt pretty damned good to do so. I had no issues with motivation today, I was just enjoying watching Germany beat Portugal in the 3rd place game in the World Cup. Before that, I was watching the Tour de France.

All I did in the afternoon was to ride downtown and go for a swim. After a short workout (1500 yards), I went over to Peets and sat there reading Ann Coulter's masterpiece Godless until the weather was cool enough outside to make riding comfortable. Then I rode up into Mountain View and back home. All told, a very nice ride, especially the 10 miles after dark.

Now I'm sitting on the couch, watching The Crusades on the Discovery Times channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home