My Boring Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Beer Friday #16

Saturday, 1 September, 2007, 00:28 - Beer, Random Thoughts, Beer Friday

I've been slacking off on the beer Fridays lately,and I must apologize. I haven't been trying all that many new beers lately. But here's one that can potentially bring out the beer snob in all of us.

In the past, I often wondered why there was such a variance in the quality of beers produced by the same brewery. As it turns out, it was probably just the caps on the bottles! Apparently, screw caps let air into the bottle. So beer that has been sitting around for a while won't be all that fresh tasting. Thanks to the folks at Sierra Nevada for noticing this, and correcting the problem...



How this affects all of us: we can now go back to enjoying beers from the Sierra Nevada Brewery without worrying about getting a stale bottle (though I haven't yet seen the bigger bottles with pop tops.

So my choice for this week is Sierra Nevada's Anniversary Ale. This year marks 27 years of good beer coming out of Chico, CA. And this IPA is a worthy way to celebrate. And don't forget that it's a pop top. Twisting them off is rather painful according to my friend Jeff. He's a long time drinker of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and actually sent an email complaining about how hard their bottles had become to open...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home