My Boring Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Word Of The Week

Friday, 14 September, 2007, 22:39 - Philosophy

I'm not going to go into too much detail. I just had a realization about something while I was riding my bike at around 25 MPH down Central Expressway this afternoon. Then I ran into an old friend at REI(the same one who I ran into at the Death Ride). I heard a remarkable story about how the greeter at REI broke her foot (Mount Everest and yetis were involved!). I had my second McDonald's sandwich of the year this morning. I had better BBQ in Mountain View at lunchtime than anything I had in Texas. Random? Perhaps. But what if they aren't? And is that a hand that I feel pushing me through my life?


e·piph·a·ny
Pronunciation[i-pif-uh-nee]
–noun, plural -nies.


1. (initial capital letter) a Christian festival, observed on January 6, commemorating the manifestation of Christ to the gentiles in the persons of the Magi; Twelfth-day.
2. an appearance or manifestation, esp. of a deity.
3. a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
4. a literary work or section of a work presenting, usually symbolically, such a moment of revelation and insight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home