My Boring Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Day Of Living The LA Dream...

Wednesday, 5 September, 2007, 20:50 - Random Thoughts

Today I was reminded why I never want to live in the Los Angeles Basin. I cannot see how people can live with that sort of air pollution on a daily basis. Just riding my bike after work this afternoon, my eyes were stinging and I could feel the shortness of breath. And the air quality was only posted as moderate! Can you magine those days when the air pollution is over 100? Today was 65...

I also fail to see why anyone would want to surround themselves with that sort of pollution while living their daily lives. Whether you get the smoke via smog or by inhaling cigarette smoke it is just as unhealthy.

Those people who choose to live in Los Angeles can keep it. I want nothing to do with the place...

The reason for all the pollution today is a fire in the hills south of Mount Hamilton. The plume of smoke was rather impressive for the last couple of days. But then a damned inversion had to come in and trap all the smoke in the valley. Come on wind, we need you!

Check out this video:

Lick Fire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home