My Boring Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

More Cycling Goodness...

Thursday, 31 May, 2007, 15:16 - Cycling

I went for an awesome 41 mile ride this morning, out of Mammoth Lakes. After waking up before 7:00 at the rest area on 395, I headed into town and got a cinnamon roll and some coffee at Erik Schat's Bakery. With that energy, I found a place to park and got on my bike.

The basic course was up Minarets Road to the end of the road by Reds Meadow, back to Lake Mary Road and up to the end of that road, and then back into town. The scenery along this ride is simply breathtaking, and the roads are in good shape for the most part (not to mention lightly travelled on a Thursday morning!).

This was a mere warmup for my ride this coming Saturday, but it is well worth checking out. Soon I will get out and do some climbing up at the Buttermilks; something I have also been looking forward to for a while!

Totals for the ride were 41 miles and about 4500 feet of climbing (wild guess on the climbing). Good times!

In other cycling news, my new frame is apparently ready aside from getting painted. I'm certainly looking forward to building that up. Pictures as soon as I can, I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home