My Boring Life

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bouncing Off Boulders

Monday, 16 October, 2006, 20:47

After work today, I went for a lovely drive up Highway 9 from Santa Cruz up to Skyline, and up to Castle Rock. Once there, I went for one of those classic runs that you can only do when you are tired, and the weather is a bit cooler than you are used to.

The temperature wasn't truly cold, but upper 50s seems cold when it has been in the 70s and 80s for the past few weeks. And to add to it, the wind was blowing pretty strong.

I went down the Gap Trail to the Castle Rock Trail loop, and then over to the 'climber's trail' that goes out to the Western Addition. That trail gets a little fun, with low branches, and many slippery sections. Yet the best part comes near where the trail rejoins the Gap Trail. Coming down into the gully above the waterfall, the trail gets treacherous, and certainly is not something that you can run down fast.

After getting back on the Gap Trail, I took that out to the cutoff trail out past Goat Rock, and took that up to the Ridge Trail. Then, of course, I went up to the top of Goat Rock and sat down for a few minutes. That place is always cool witht the clouds rolling by. And as tough as this run was, I needed the break.

Back on the trail, I ran down to catch the Gap Trail, and back up to the road. Then I tacked on a couple of minutes on the road to bring the total time up past 40 minutes (42:10). Fun times! And I feel like I actually got a good workout...

Now, I'm sitting on the couch drinking St. Peters' Old Style Porter, and watching damned football. I hate da bears, and football...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home