My Boring Life

Thursday, October 11, 2007

TGIAF!

Thursday, 19 October, 2006, 15:51

Thank God it's almost Friday!

Today was my eleventh consecutive day of work, and also my shortest workday in about three weeks (7:40). It felt so good to walk out of the door before 3:00! Now I am on my way up to Skyline Boulevard to get in a run. Should be fun, and tomorrow I will bring my bike to work so I can start riding over in Santa Cruz once in a while.

Yesterday, my run was one of those nice runs through the westside of Santa Cruz. I parked by Lighthouse Point and ran up West Cliff, and up to the north edge of town along Highway 1. I came back pretty much the same way. The windy conditions made going north a bit challenging, but overall, I felt great; and ended up running about 10km (6.2 miles).

***evening update***

I ended up going for a much longer run than I was anticipating. At the beginning, I was aiming for about 5 miles, but that turned into 8.5. I just felt so good that I couldn't stop. =)

The funny thing was the during the whole run I kept thinking that it would be funny to run into some of my cycling friends. Around every corner I kept expecting to see a familiar face. But when I headed onto the foot-traffic-only trail, I gave that up. But when I got to the parking lot, there was Jocelyn's Pathfinder. So I hung out there until they got back.

So naturally, I ended up having sushi for dinner with her, Jeff and Nick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home