My Boring Life

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another Day, Another Year

Wednesday, 3 May, 2006

Yes, the rumours flying to and fro across the vastness of cyberspace are true. Yesterday was my birthday. In what has become my typical fashion, I did not tell all that many people, prefering instead to have at least part of the day to myself.

Since one of my co-workers has the same birthday, it is hard for me to get the day off. This year was no exception; so I had to work on my birthday. But at least I work the early shift, and I was not about to work overtime on this day. I punched out promptly at 2:44 PM, and got on my bike. 4.25 hours later, I was in downtown San Jose, ready to get some beer at Gordon Biersch. I shared a few laughs with nine of my friends; and ended up not getting home until 11:35, and not getting to sleep until 12:15. And then back up at 5:50 to get to work on time today. But I must stay away from those burgers at GB, my stomach is still a bit queasy from that...

But anyway. May 2 is still just another day. I've discovered that it doesn't really matter how old you are; just that you still have the ability to ride a metric century and still have the energy to get up the next morning and go to work.

And speaking of birthdays, congratulations to my old friend Dan on the birth of his first child, Ava Simone, who was born at 3:10 PM (EST) today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home