My Boring Life

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rising From The Ashes

Sunday, 29 October, 2006, 13:49

Okay, so it's not the most apt title for a blog posting I've ever come up with; but the essence of it fits. What's rising from the ashes, you might ask? Well, two things: my motivation to climb and my eternal optimism. The former is coming up quite a bit faster than the latter, but I'm working on bringing it up higher.

I spent this morning up at Castle Rock, after getting there around 9:00 (thanks to this being the first day of 'standard time'). I wasn't climbing super strong, but I was certainly feeling the motivation to actually attempt new boulder problems. Not that I got any of them, but at least climbing is becoming fun again, rather than some sort of forced ritual based on 12 years of habit.

As for the optimism, well perhaps I need to convince myself that things are looking up. Doesn't life always seem the darkest just before you are blinded by the reality that life truly is good?

I am beginning to think of going back to school, at least to take a few classes in design, if only so that my resume doesn't seem so dated. Sure, I know plenty of things about Photoshop and GoLive, but my skills in InDesign and Illustrator could use some freshening up.

In other random, totally unrelated news; I will be making my first car payment ever just as soon as I can find one of my checks. Then I will join the masses. Hey, at least I fit in somewhere! The car is running fine, and I am really enjoying driving a decent car.

With that, here are a couple of photos from Castle Rock today. They are of Pacific Madrone trees, along the trail above the Waterfall Cliff:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home