My Boring Life

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day One

Saturday, 9 December, 2006, 13:24 - Skiing

Today was the first ski day of the season. I knew that the snow cover would be pathetically thin, but I had to go. Really, I just wanted an excuse to drive in the snow, and I should get plenty of that this weekend; thought at the moment it is sunny in South Lake Tahoe (I will be running out there shortly if my leg muscles can take the punishment).

I made a mistake on the way up, learn from this one...

Don't take Highway 4 between Concord and Stockton. It's a miserable road, especially in the wind and driving rain. And all the damned drawbridges make it even worse. Past that, the drive was fine. I slept in a parking lot in Pollock Pines, though fitfully. I hope I sleep better tonight.

And I'm certain that the lack of sleep in why I never ski as well on Saturday as on Sunday. So perhaps it's not just that I like Northstar that much better than Sierra. Either way, there were only two runs open; and I squeezed in sixteen runs before I left after about three hours. Fun stuff, and I look forward to many more turns before the season has passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home