My Boring Life

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Tales From The Commute

Tuesday, 21 November, 2006, 17:12 - Random Thoughts

I followed a fairly nice car on Highway 17 this afternoon, a Lamborghini Murciélago. This surely has to be one of the top 15 most expensive cars available in America (somewhere around $300,000). I caught up with the yellow sportscar in Scotts Valley (hey, there was a bit of traffic), and got behind it. Apparently it was a test-drive, since the car still had dealer tags and was only being driven at 60 MPH.

Once we got down around Lexington, I passed them; but the driver was holding back. He was obviously trying to get the road ahead a bit clearer. After passing the Black Road overpass, he gunned the engine and took off at what must have been over 100 MPH. That must have been a little fun for the driver; and perhaps frustrating for the cop on the southbound side of 17 who could do nothing about it. =) I suppose the cop could have called it in for the next cop down the road, but they (like me) pulled off into Los Gatos. Them to the dealer, and me to the coffee shop...

Here is a picture from Edmunds.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home