My Boring Life

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day Two

Sunday, 10 December, 2006, 16:34 - Skiing

Well, day two turned out to have better snow; but as it turned out, I was too sore to do much of anything. After leaving South Lake Tahoe yesterday, I went for a nice run along the bike path that parrallels Highway 89 up to Emerald Bay. My legs felt fine during my ~5 mile run, and even afterwards as I drove up to Truckee. I ate a lovely meal at the Panda Express, then parked my car for the night.

I woke up around 4:30 AM to discover that my car was covered by about six inches of snow. So then I was off for some fun once I got underway around 6:00. I discovered the hard way that Joe Coffee wasn't where it has always been; so I went back to Charbux and got some burnt, nasty coffee. But it kept me alive...

The roads were covered with snow, and I am happy to say that my Forester sticks to that nearly as well as it does to dry roads. I noticed bits of slipage here and there, but no problems (though I did not drive much over 30, so chalk one up to sane driving habits).

I parked in the closest lot to the lifts at Northstar, and made my way over. As soon as I started down one the first run, I knew this wouldn't be a highly motivated ski day. My legs and feet were sore, so I just took it easy. I stopped twice in the lodge to recover, but I couldn't take much. I did a couple of runs with Sean and Vince, but then had to head out. So, one last run from the summit to about 100 yards from my car, and I was off again.

My late lunch at Colfax Max's was good as always (their mushroom burger is awesome). And now I'm sitting in a cafe in Sacramento. I have to get home so I can get some sleep before work tomorrow. Yeah, there's no motivation there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home