My Boring Life

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Random Occurrences

Saturday, 16 December, 2006, 18:48 - Cycling, Random Thoughts, Climbing

After leaving work on Friday at about 2:20, I drove back over 17, and stopped in Campbell for a nice run. For the most part, I was doing okay despite being a bit sore. Around the half-way point I thought I saw a friend riding his bike, but thought it must just have been someone who looked like him. But then, when I got to about a mile to go; he passed me and stopped when he recognized me. So Francis and I talked while I ran my last mile, which really slowed me down. But it was nice to actually talk to someone else.

Then I went off downtown to hang out with some friends and watch Eragon. It could have been the Winterbock coursing through my system, but the movie seemed a bit scattered; and did not really follow the book very well. But I do think that if you had never read the book, the movie would be fun. But definitely read the book...

Today, I rode over to Planet Granite, and got a membership there. It has been close to four years since I last had a membership there, but the new gym is certainly worthwhile. Now I have to get psyched to climb again, and hopefully will get strong again. I felt a bit weak climbing today, but it did feel good to actually do it.

Afterwards, I went over to Peets and sat there reading for a while. Then Sean walked in and sat next to me. He was on his lunchbreak from work, and just happened to see me sitting there. So we chatted for a while, and then I went back to my book. Then a bit later, a couple other friends (Leslie and Dianne) started making faces outside the window. There is something about that Peets...

Then I went off to In-n-Out for a hamburger before heading home. While in there (naturally), the rain and hail started coming down outside. So I got the pleasure of freezing my ass off for the last 1.3 miles of my ride...

Ah well, good times anyway; and now I'm curled up under blankets drinking a nice cold beer. And listening to Björk on iTunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home