My Boring Life

Saturday, November 3, 2007

2006

Monday, 1 January, 2007, 11:54 - Philosophy, Random Thoughts

2006 was a year in which life actually sort of began to make sense. At least for a while I thought it had. But waking up this morning was like starting things over again. I can only hope that the new year brings new things and greater and better experiences.

There are three things that I will not miss from the previous year...

1. Commuting to Santa Cruz (I really can't see how I did that for a week, let alone three months). Along with that is the joy in not having to wake up at 5:20 every morning. From now on, my alarm will be set for 6:30.

2. Letting other people get under my skin. I just have to learn how to let things go; and not dwell on the failures of others or of my own.

3. Okay I lied, there were only two things...

Three things that I will miss from the previous year...

1. The people that I worked with at Calypso were some of the best you could ask for. That was probably the only thing that kept me with the company for so long. But at some point, I figured out that there was more to a job than just your co-workers.

2. Stopping for coffee at Los Gatos Coffee Roasters on my way in to work in the mornings. If there was one bright spot to that commute, it had to be the friendly people at the cafe.

3. It's yet another year under the bridge. I recall that when I was a kid, I always used to wonder what the world would be like in 2000. That year seemed so far away; and yet here we are now in 2007, and I still wonder what the world is really like.

Now, a few things to look forward to this year...

1. Riding my bike to work! I've been bike commuting for years now, but these last few months of driving have made me value more the idea of riding to work. I'll probably start again on Wednesday or Thursday. And I really look forward to it.

2. Taking more pictures. Now that I no longer work in a photo lab; I should be more psyched to experiment with my photography. Also, I have a new camera arriving in a couple of days, so I should be able to get better results from my digital photography.

3. Climbing more. I recently joined Planet Granite again after not climbing in the gym for about six months. I look forward to getting back into the sort of climbing fitness that I was in about six years ago.

So happy New Year everyone, and just remember: put your hand inside the puppet head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home